Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Traveling to North Carolina - Day 12 (Durham, NC to Cookeville, Tenn)

 So we left Keegan this morning....you raise your kids to prepare them to leave the nest...doesn't make it easier but you know that Lord has her in her protection and she will be spending the next 15 months killing it...

Today we started back to California...we decided to take the same route back home because there were some things we wanted to see and do so we started back heading west on I-40...only thing I wish we had done was take I-40 all the way east to the end of North Carolina...then I could say that I have driven the entire length of I-40...

On the way to Tennessee, I was able to talk Kim into visiting Greensboro and visiting Guildford Courthouse Battlefield Park...if you know me I love American History especially Colonial America...The Battlefield was a nice walking trail but to save time we drove the battlefield...needless to say; I learned that Nathaniel Greene continues to be my favorite American Revolution hero and again proved why he was General Washington's best general during the Revolution...

We also stopped at Old Tennessee Distillery and tried several different flavors of Moonshine...the flavored moonshine was our clear favorite with Lemon and Watermelon being our standout favorites...the Lemon moonshine added to Ice Tea make an absolutely killer loaded Arnold Palmer...I did try the clear 140 proof moonshine and it did kick my butt...

Arkansas is on the schedule tomorrow...

Until tomorrow,

MZ

No comments:

Post a Comment