Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Camp Hill, Pa

Today’s posting will not be very long. Yesterday, we headed out of Salem, Virginia early (it was nice to sleep in a bed and the girls had a really hard time waking up) and drove through three states. We drove through West Virginia (which was about 10 minutes), Maryland (20 minutes) and then we spent the rest of the time driving through Pennsylvania. One of the things I’ve enjoyed most about driving has been the welcome centers each of the states has set up as you enter each state. We have gotten free maps and brochures for attractions in and around the state and they always have coffee brewing. The people working at these places have been the nicest people and they always seem very interested in where we are from. I keep changing the state where I am from and it hard to keep a straight face when my daughter Keegan looks at me and says, “Why did you tell her we are from Hawaii? You can’t drive from Hawaii?”….ahh, the brilliance of children.

We arrived in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania and we are staying with some of Kim’s family. We are staying with her cousin Tim. Kim and her family used to make the drive from Eureka, California to Pennsylvania during summer vacation. Kim told me these are some of her favorite vacation memories and she is excited to share these with me.
Kim and her cousin Tim have been catching up and sharing family stories. Not much to tell there. I’m hoping to here some good stories about Kim in her early years.

Tomorrow we head to the Battlefield at Gettysburg. As much as I wanted to go to Graceland, I also wanted to visit Gettysburg. I love these kinds of places.

A friend (thanks Jonathan) suggested I put a map of our travels. I have some time to look at this weekend so I will try to post a map as soon as I can.

MZ

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the scoop on Kim as a youngun and the map.

    ReplyDelete