Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Williams, AZ

So we made to Arizona mid-day yesterday....in case anyone wants to know the drive on  I-40 from Bartow to the Calif/Ariz border is just as boring as the drive from Barstow to Vegas. It rained most of yesterday so Kim crossed off summer rain from her list of things that will happen on our trip.

Willams is a small cow town that reminded Kim of Loleta and she couldn't wait to leave. The train ride to the Grand Canyon looks like a cool idea but we missed the departure time. The kids were ansy to see the Grand Canyon so we left to see it.

 Its really an giant hole in the ground that took about 2 billions years to make. They have a walking trail around the rim of the canyon and I have to give Kim credit, she made for about a mile before her fear of heights (and one of the kids running off the edge) forced us to head back to the campground. We did see a small family of condors flying around the canyon. They are BIG birds and I kept telling my little one they spotted her for dinner (Kim finds no humor in my jokes. I really cant figure out why.)

We spent the night at KOA cabin, cooking dinner on the porch. The kids saw the indoor pool and wanted to jump in. They lasted 5 minutes in the pool because they are not used to chlorine. (Spoiled city kids). We all crashed early, and headed out this morning to Santa Fe, New Mexico. I have family in Santa Fe so we are staying with my cousins Rudy and his wife Alicia. My overly artsy wife is really excited because my cousin Alicia is a artist and we will be spending time looking at some really creative artwork. Hopefully we can mix in some historical landmarks and one of Guy's diners, drive-ins and dives spots for the kids and me.

Until tomorrow,  

MZ

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Mark. What do you use in your pool at homeinstead of chlorine?

    ReplyDelete